Recipe submitted by Slug Club member Bryanna Plantier of Hufflepuff
1 can of Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix!)
1/2 cup sugar
Cinnamon to taste
Pie crust (homemade or store bought)
Homemade pie crust
1 cup Flour
A dash of Salt
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 stick melted Unsalted butter
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Use cookie sheet and grease bottom.
3. Combine ingredients for pie crust.
4. Roll out pie crust into a thing large circle. Approximately 1/2 inch in width.
5. Take an empanada maker (if you don’t have one use a large circular cookie cutter) and cut out as many circles as you can from dough.
6. Take the pumpkin, sugar and cinnamon and combine in bowl. Add more sugar if you feel necessary.
7. Place a circle of dough on empanada maker and take a scoop of pumpkin mixture. Place the mixture in the middle of dough and press the empanada maker together.
8. Place each one on the cookie shoot about an inch apart.
9. Repeat until mixture is gone.
*NOTE: If you do not have the empanada maker, cut circles of dough and fold with hands. Pinch dough closed.
10. Let cook 10-15 minutes or until crust is brown.
11. Finish off with a light dusting of cinnamon and butterbeer!